Monday, May 21, 2012

Transfer 4 Week 3 May 21, 2012

       
·         We taught a new investigator this week who we are really excited about!!! We are going to invite him to be baptized this week and hope that he will be able to start attending church soon. He has a family and loves kids so much. But he has told us that his wife is not too interested in religion so he has not allowed us to meet her. But we are hoping her heart softens and that we can start teaching them as a family. Also with school ending soon we are hoping to visit some former teen investigators and see if without the huge distraction of school that they will be able to progress in the gospel. Lots of exciting things right around the corner. Also the ward council keeps telling us that tons of new members move in during the summer.
I never thought I would find myself right next to a beach during all of summer! If I don't get transferred at the end of this transfer that’s exactly what is going to happen. But with President Wade leaving in July (so so so so sad) we have no idea what to expect.
The ward had a talent show this last weekend and we were asked to perform. With about 20 minutes of practice we went up on stage and Elder Mares jump roped while I threw grapes at him so he could catch them in his mouth. We got lots of compliments (I think mostly because we made them all laugh).
No real big news to report. Every week is pretty much the same. I wake up, I study, I go out and work (and somewhere I find time to eat). It might not be anything huge but I know that obedience brings blessings. The Lord gives us commandments so that he can bless us in our endeavors. I know obedience brings blessings, but I know that exact obedience brings blessings.
Sincerely,
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment