Monday, June 4, 2012

Transfer 4 Week 5- June 4, 2012


·         We had a tough, tough week. We only taught a handful of lessons and were able to find no new investigators. We talked to tons of people and were able to set up several return appointments but they were never home when we went back! It’s quite frustrating. If these people only understood what we have to offer them!!!!!!

So although the calendar says June, the weather tells me otherwise. This week was super foggy and I had to wear a sweater when we were tracting and I need like a billion blankets when I sleep at night. Yesterday was Stake Conference and we had a Seventy presiding. Elder Higham was his name. He asked me where I was from and when I told him he replied with, "So Elder Gonzalez, do you miss the sunshine?"

The California San Francisco West Stake is a very diverse stake. In the scriptures we read about the gathering of Israel from the four corners of the earth. I always thought of that as a symbolic gathering and never gave it much more thought. But yesterday I had a truly remarkable experience in stake conference. For the congregational hymn we sang Called To Serve, but we sang it in 6 verses. We sang the first verse in English, the second verse in Tagalog, the third verse in Samoan, the fourth verse in Mandarin Chinese, the fifth verse in Spanish, and the sixth in English. 5 different languages in one stake!!! That is truly amazing. I know that the gathering of Israel is not only occurring, but is well under way. The love God has for his children is truly extending to all the world.

That’s pretty much it for this week! Good Luck to Elder Kyle Krause entering the MTC this week.

Sincerely,
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment