Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Transfer 13, Week 3 May 29, 2013

"My Purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, Baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End"
I take my title from the first sentence in Preach My Gospel.  I feel that this week I truly fulfilled my purpose as a missionary. The goal I did not reach this week was "referral contacted."  Things are going great!

Monday started out with Choir practice for zone conference.  We did ok.... but don't tell that to the sisters....That night we found 4 new investigators, it would've been 5 but we didn't count the husband of one of the families because he was drunk...  But the wife and one of thekids seemed really receptive.  We also taught a family from Guatemala.  They of course speak mam.

Tuesday morning Elder Bailey the mission vehicle coordinator asked us to help with car inspections all the way out in Danville.   I had never been there before.  It was so pretty.  Nothing like the city.  Our bishop came out with us to visit a family and he even invited them to be baptized.  After the husband turned it down 2 times the wife said "You know what brothers, I'll get baptized!  I have the faith that if I do it that my husband will follow soon after."

Wednesday was Zone Conference!!!!!!!  We are becoming a "running" mission (i suggested we call it a "jogging" mission so as not to offend us runners) , we will be required to run 3 times a week starting June 1st.  We got trained on how to back out our cars.  We watched one of the assistants back out President Meredith in the wrong direction. :)

We spent tons of time hanging up English posters this week.  We, and also the other companionships in the ward have gotten so many calls about it...

Friday we gave a blessing to a sister in the ward and taught her nonmember roommate.

Sunday we had 8 investigators at sacrament meeting!!!!!!  And afterwards we were invited by our investigators to have some yummy pozole!

Love!
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment