Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 15, 2011

Hey Everyone!

It snowed on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!  Finally!!!!! People were wondering why I was acting so weird, but then I told them that I was from Arizona they understood!!!!!

I got to go to the temple today and it was so awesome.  I felt so happy to be in there and to be learning about the Plan of Salvation! 

My Spanish is improving everyday.  I no longer wake up with sore arms (My district makes me do 5 push every time I talk in English). I LOVE my district, they are some of the greatest people I have ever met!  They help me learn and grow everyday! 

It was funny to see all the new missionaries come in and be just as lost as I was. I'm finally starting to get in the swing of things here and I don't get lost every time I leave my room.  Now I just get lost once a day....

Sundays here are the best!  But I am dead scared of being called up to give a 5 minute talk in Spanish because they don't give you any warning and ask you right before sacrament starts! 

Sister Elaine S. Dalton and her husband came for a fireside this last Tuesday.  She is an amazing speaker!!! 
Some thoughts from her talk:

You must be willing to give up the life you want for the life God wants for you.  And he has in store for you more marvellous things than you could ever imagine.  Take for example Mary.  An angel appeared to her and told her that she would be the mother to the savior of the world.  But she knew that she must trust in the lord with all her heart and lean not unto her own understanding and that he would direct her always.  As Paul said, "It is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of the Lord."  Mary must've been scared but she said "How is this to be done?"  And the Angel declared "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Take care all!!!!

See ya in 2 years minus 1 week,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment