Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

So many crazy things happened this week! I know the 49ers won on Saturday because I heard people yelling "9ers! 9ers!" through their screen doors. And I also know they beat the Saints because this one was running out in the middle of the street yelling "49ers won!" as cars drove by. So when we rode our bikes by him he stopped us and gave us a weird high-five kinda thing and then he hugged us. Then he told us "We marched all over those Saints!"
Up in North Richmond Elder Pettit and I have a friend that we call La Santa Muerte. Its a cat that has been lying dead on the side of the street for 2 weeks now (possibly more). One day we found a guy from Brazil that had very little Spanish knowledge. He actually invited us in and let us teach right there and then. I had the hardest time trying to figure out what he was saying and I'm not even sure he understood what what we taught him. But he seemed interested. Right after talking him we talked to some one in Spanish and I was amazed out how clear that Spanish sounded!
We found tons of new investigators this week. After weeks of doing tons of knocking and street contacting we finally found some solid investigators. We were super sad that none of them came to church though. I realized this week how big our area is, we biked for a good twenty minutes (uphill) to get to a recent converts house. There is plenty of Latinos to talk in our area that's for sure. Although lots of then just like to talk to us for a half hour and then tell us that they are not interested. Then one day the Jehovah Witness missionaries actually knocked on our apartment door. We had a nice little chat and then declined the Watchtower they offered us. We are thinking about offering them an Ensign next time they come.
The weeks go by so fast. I can't believe I'm halfway through my first transfer. Elder Pettit has started to pack and he is awaiting his "double trunk". That's the letter you get form the mission with all your travel information before going home. I'll be getting a new companion soon which means we'll both be lost in Richmond together!!!!! Just kidding, I only get lost half the time now.
That's all for now!!!
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment