Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

The last week of my first transfer!!!!!!! It went by so fast!!!!! By next Wednesday I will have a new companion!!!!! I inherited tons of cool stuff from my "trunky" companion.

Last week we got a referral for someone named Byron. We tried contacting him but we got no answer at the door. I had to look at something on my bike so we ended up staying an extra 5 minutes outside that door. We were just about to leave when the door was opened and they asked us if we knocked. 5 minutes later we were teaching Byron!!!!! Byron makes me so happy!!!! He already accepted a baptismal date and currently is preparing himself to make that covenant relationship with God. He was in an accident and is a victim of a gun fight so he has been unable to walk since July. But his faith in the Lord did not disappear. He trusts in the Lord and has changed many of his old habits. He exemplifies humility!!!!!

Oh and he is from Nicaragua so he never pronounces the final "s" on words. (Spanish accents are fun!!!!! I always make sure to use them while singing.)

Since Elder Pettit will be gone soon and my companion will not know the area I have started leading us to appointments so I can learn where everything this. That way we don't get lost.
That also means I get to start conversations with people. Which is easy fro me because everybody knows how much I like to talk.... But it never ceases to amaze me the stories hear. Just when think I've heard it all I hear something crazier. I gave a man a card with the Oakland temple on it and he told me that he had seen that same card in a vision...I'm pretty sure he was what Californians call "medicated." Then a man told me story about how his dog (that was barking at us during our conversation) had been brought back to life by his pastor. In his own words (translated of course) he said, "it was as if electricity had struck the dog, and then he came back to life"

The rain finally cleared and we are again enjoying beautiful California weather!!!

Hope all is well back in the AZ.

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment