Monday, February 20, 2012

February 19, 2012 Transfer 2, Week 2

Never in my life have felt the need for my Savior Jesus Christ, more
than I do now.  I know He is the only one that we can turn to make us
worthy to live with our Heavenly Father.  Repentance is never easy,
but it is always worth it!
 
We contacted a referral this week that is super excited to make changes
in his life!  We told him it is necessary for him to quit drinking coffee
and smoking for him to get baptized.  But much to our pleasure he
replied with (roughly translated of course) "Well if that’s what I need
to do to get baptized, well then let’s do it!"
It makes me so happy to know that he wants to make changes in his life
to come unto Christ.
 
All the hard work that goes into finding and teaching people pays off
when people like Jose De La O (the man in the above paragraph) are
found and make drastic changes in their lives.
 
This upcoming Sunday will be Byron's baptism! He is the one that got
shot in the leg.  We are not quite sure how he is going to get
baptized with his inability to stand on his own and all, but I'm sure
we'll figure something out.
 
I finally got over the shyness of walking up to a total stranger and
asking them about Jesus Christ!  I find myself talking to people in
the weirdest places (like a mechanics office).  That doesn't mean I
don't always say the perfect words (especially in Spanish) but hey,
I've won half the battle right?
 
Sincerely,
 
Elder Luis Gonzalez
 
Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment