Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012 - Transfer 2 Week 3

Bayron got baptized yesterday!!!!!! What a wonderful day!!!!! He even took off his cast (even though he isn't supposed to) and limped over on one foot to Hermano Olsen who baptized him.

He seemed so happy!!! Afterwards we went to a fireside called "Why I Believe" and we got to listen to recent converts speak and share their testimonies. Then we walked over to the Oakland Temple Visitor's Center and watched a movie with him. I was really happy to see the ward come out and support him!!! Also Hermano Olsen also baptized his son that day so his family was there, but they only speak English, so I got to translate the program into English. Although it still wasn't easy, believe me when I say that it was much easier than translating a General Authority into Spanish for stake conference.
Last week I also got to go to my first Zone Conference!!!! I absolutely love President Wade!!!!! All of us bicycle Elders get recognized at lunch and we get awarded with cookies. I, of course, turned to Elder Monson and told him "This should take one appointment to burn off." I learned so much that day and felt empowered with the will to go out and become a better missionary. Everyone was also excited about the new phones that we got. They are nothing to special, but a huge bonus is that the alarm that Elder Rodriguez likes to play to wake us up in the morning is no longer on the phone!

One of our new investigators is named Jose De La O. I love this man! He must be in his mid-60's at least, and although his eyesight is not the greatest he makes a great effort to read the Book of Mormon every day. And when we invited him to live the word of wisdom he admitted to us that he had a smoking problem, but he said that he would do whatever it takes to get baptized. He has gone from smoking almost a pack a day, to smoking once in the last week and a half. He has come to church the last two weeks and has started to make friends in the ward.
I cannot believe this transfer is already halfway over and soon I will hit my 3 month mark. Time is so crazy out here!!!!!

Remember:
"Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles"

When ye do what I say, I the Lord am bound, but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise
-D&C 82:10

Godspeed,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment