Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012- Transfer 2 Week 4

·         This morning at around 5:30 am there was a huge rumbling...turned out to be an earthquake. That is my first one!!! According to President Wade (and I trust pretty much everything that man says) there is a fault line that runs adjacent to the Temple and Mission home. It wasn't anything major but enough to wake me up...
The more time spend out here the more I realize the Latinos are right when they say "cada cabeza es un mundo" (translate at your own risk). We talked to a guy that kept telling us about how he worships the moon, pretty interesting stuff, although I am quite sure most of that "interesting" came from alcohol...
This last Sunday we were able to get tons of investigators to come to church! It made me made so happy to see them where they needed to be! For next Sunday we hope to have the Azua family at church. They have friends who are in the ward. They are going thru a hard time right now and seem very accepting of the Gospel. They said it was very "logical." Sadly, the mom was unable to read The Book of Mormon because she lost her glasses... but she says she loves to read, so we are hoping that problem will be solved soon.
Also at Church, a less active who hasn't come to church for 20 years came. We have a lesson with him and his family tonight! It was such happy sight to see him with his family at church.
Yesterday someone said something to the effect of "Good luck out there, it’s gonna be a hot one, it’s supposed to be like 70 degrees" I almost laughed right there on the spot. But the weather continues to be a mystery, I'm never quite sure if I'll need my coat, or to wear my short-sleeve shirt...
I'm happy to say that I have seen a definite improvement in my Spanish!!! And I have almost stopped talking in the "tu" form and can without much thought talk in the "udsted” form.
Everyone seems to be excited (and I guess I am too) for this Wednesday. Elder L. Tom Perry will be coming to speak to our whole mission, as well as the Santa Rosa Mission!!! We MIGHT get to shake his hand!!! I guess I'll get to find out if he really is 6'3''!!!!

        
·         Espero que todos estan bien!

Elder Luis Gonzalez

1 comment:

  1. Dear Luis,

    I know you are doing such a wonderful job of being a missionary for our Savior. You are a wonderful young man and I look forward to reading your blog site.

    Take care,

    Sister Susie Edwards

    ReplyDelete