Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012 Transfer 2, Week 5

Whoever invented Daylight savings time was obviously not a missionary... I kept yawning all of Sunday because of that hour of sleep I did not get to enjoy. I fail to comprehend the whole idea of Daylight Savings, but maybe that is so because I grew up in Arizona.

Elder L. Tom Perry highlighted my week! It just boggles my mind how there was an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ coming to visit and only a few people even were aware. I just feel like that should be headline news! He spoke with an amazing power. When he testified of the Book of Mormon and of the Prophet Joseph Smith and of The Restored Church of Jesus Christ, there came forth an unexplainable power and he talked with such an excitement that no one could deny that he truly knows those things as fact. Sadly, we did not get to shake his hand or ask him questions because he needed to attend to other things. Although he did say "Hi" to Elder Monson as he walked out. (Elder Monson and I started our missions at the same time, and I've talked to him a couple of times. He is serving in the English program and rumor has it that the Prophet is his great grandfather.)

We found tons of good investigators this week and were excited to see them all at church. But then Sunday came, and none of them were to be found. Also the baptism we were going to take our investigators to, got canceled and so we had a rough night of setting up last minute lessons to teach. We haven't been able to contact our investigator that stopped smoking!!!! We have no idea what has happened, and every time we go by his family has no idea where he is at. At top it all off, one of investigators with a baptismal date told us that he no longer felt ready to be baptized and that he didn't want to come to church. It broke my heart in half to hear him say those words.

As for the Spanish department, I can finally say "misericordia" without skipping a beat. Just ask my mom, that use to be a tough one for me. I can have a conversation about just about any church topic at this point... Espero el dia enque mi espanol este bien!

Yo se que vive Jesucristo. Si vinimos a El, con un espirtitu contrito y un corazon quebrantad, El nos va dar todo que neccisitamos, y mucho mucho mas.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. If we come unto Him with a contrite spirit and a broken heart, he will give us everything that we need, and much much more.
Moroni, in his final word of testimony exhorts to ponder the and pray about the Book of Mormon, he exhorts us to remember the power and gifts of God, and he exhorts us to come unto Christ and enter into a covenant relationship with Him. This is the only way, Moroni counsels, in which we can be "perfected in him."

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment