Monday, August 6, 2012

Transfer 6 Week 2. August 6, 2012

Elder Mares continues to be injured and we have to continue to stay home and rest.  However we found out that does not mean that we cannot do missionary work.  We found a great finding tool this week.  We started calling all the people saved in our phone that we do not know.  We were able to find one new investiagtor and have set a couple of other appiontments with other people.  I never realized that a phone could be so helpful in doing missionary work.  When one truly desires to serve the Lord, He will provide a way to do it, despite of the circumstances.
 
Something else we have starte doing is singing on Main St. We sing hymns (I hope the Lord either blesses my voice or blesses peoples ears so that it actually sounds good) in hopes that people will come and talk to us.
 
This week we also have a couple of investigators coming home from vacation. They seem very solid.  So the future looks bright for the missionary work here in Half Moon Bay.   
 
We are excited for our upcoming Zone Conference. a Seventy will be present and I believe he will be doing some kind of training. 
 
Tomorrow I will hit my 8 month mark!!! Time goes by crazy fast.  There is no where else that I would rather be than here serving the Lord.  I am so grateful that I read the Book of Mormon and that I took that step of faith and followed the Savior's example and was baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God.
 
Hope all is well!
 
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment