Monday, July 30, 2012

Transfer 6. Week 1. July 30, 2012

We had  to go to Berkeley on Wednesday for Elder Mares' doctor appiontment.  We decided to take the San Mateo Bridge instead if the Bay Bridge because there is less traffic on the San Mateo Bridge.  Once we got to the east side of the bay the traffic on the freeway picked up so as not to be late we decided to get off the freeway and drive thru the city.  We drove all the way from Hayward to Berkeley.  And just let me tell you, the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission is amazing!  The whole drive was beautiful. 
 
Elder Mares has what the doctor called "water on the knee" which basically means that his knee cap is out of place beacuse of some fluid.  The doctor said that he would not need surgery or anything like that but that it would just take time to heal.  Thats not really what one wants to hear when one only has 2 years to serve.  The doctor told Elder Mares that he doesn't neccassirly rest all day  but that he should take things "slow".  Needless to say, our tracting time has been greatly reduced and we are having a really hard time finding investigators. 
 
Despite this hardship, some great things are happening in the ward.  Yesterday was the start of a ward 40 day fast for missionary work.  I know that miracles are right around the corner.   As we are taught by Alma 6:6  "The children of God were commanded to  that they should gather themselves oft, and join in fasting and might prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God."  I know that the Lord will soon lead us to those who know that God. 
 
I am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is such a pleasure to wake up everyday and know that I will be inviting people to come unto Christ.  That I will be dedicating that whole day to helping them God's greatest gift, eternal life.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion.  This week the Book of Mormon has helped me to see that through the tribulations we may face that God will always be there.  Alma when explaining his pain said "there could be been nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains."  At times I feel this way and I think I just cannot go on.  But I strive to always remember the next part of Alma's wordsm, "That on the  other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."  I know all things bitter can be made into sweet through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
 
Sincerly,
 
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment