Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Transfer 9 week 4. 12-24-12


Feliz Navidad!

I am so excited for Christmas !!!!!! I cannot stop singing Christmas songs.  Its hard to imagine that in a few day when I continue to sing them that people will no longer find it festive but rather  they will be annoyed by it.  But that won't stop me from singing!

This week was super cold and super rainy and super foggy.  The fog was so thick that we couldn't even see the lights from the temple after sacrament meeting last night.

As a Zone we got to help the Salvation Army.  We helped package toys for little kids whose parents can't afford them.  And then we got to help put food into boxes for families.  Elder Arauz and I were assigned to pick up all the trash from un-packaging  the food.  There was a long assembly line and and so we would go around in circles and have to continually pick up food.

The Tongan Elders serving in the same area as us invited us to their ward Christmas party.  Let me tell you, Tongans LOVE missionaries and they also LOVE food.  We walked into the cultural hall and saw that not only that every inch of every table was covered with food but also there was trays of food piled on top of piles of food.  I am 100% positive there was enough food there to feed the whole mission.  Even after I was full (and that's saying something) they insisted that we keep eating.  After convincing them that I was truly full, they would not let us leave without taking tons of food with us.

Due to some interesting situations I got to do a baptismal interview in .........RICHMOND!!!!...I loved driving up there and seeing my old chapel.

We had our Christmas Ward Party on Saturday night.  Elder Hall, a missionary in our district, who goes home in a week, got to break the pinata.  He was, of course, blindfolded and so when he managed to breake the pinata all the kids swarmed in and totally knocked him over.

Yesterday at church,a part member family that we found came to church! It took us forever to finally get them to church but they seemed so happy there.  And also Maria, our recent convert, brought her sister-in-law to church!!!

We (that is the 8 missionaries in barrio sexto) got to sing Far, Far, Away in Judea's Plains at sacrament.  With all due humility we sounded bomb.

Well that was our week!

Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,

Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment