Friday, December 21, 2012

Transfer 9week 3. December 17, 2012


And so it came to pass that...

Maria is amazing!  So we went to have our first Recent Convert Lesson with her and when we get there she has her sister-in-law there!  We were able to add her as an investigator!  She will be a great addition to the ward!

Tuesday we had Zone Conference in Castro Valley (for those of you that know the bay area).  We listened to a talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland that he gave in the MTC about 2 years ago.  It was very similar to the talk he gave this last conference.  I am determined to never ever become a fisher!  When the Lord called me to serve Him he meant forever.  
Then after lunch (yes the food was amazing  we had a white elephant gift exchange with gifts that had been donated by people. 

Wednesday was exchanges. I got to go on bike and experience that great joys of sharing the road with Oakland drivers.

Thursday I was asked by Elder Bailey (the driving coordinator) to help with Car inspections at a different Zone Conference.  Part of inspecting is getting to judge which car is the cleanest. The Half Moon Bay Car was their and it was almost as clean as I had left it. :)  We got to cross the Bay Bridge (Elder Arauz's first time), where it was freezing!  Elder Peel ( a senior missionary) then treated us all to Burger King where there was a super fascinating touch screen soda machine.

Sunday morning we opened our car to see that it had been broken into!  Elder Sturgell had left his camera in the glove compartment along with my GPS.  And they were GONE!!!! Quite a sad day.  So today I will be buying a new one so that I don't lost (as much) in this crazy city.  Luckily they left my new MoTab CD that I got at Zone Conference!

Well that's my week in a nutshell. 

Sincerely,

Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment