Monday, January 14, 2013

Transfer 10 Week 1 January 14, 2013

The craziness of last week continued into this week!  Tuesday we drove the 2 miles from our apartment to the the mission office to drop off Elder Aruaz while he waited for his new companion (which is my old companion from Argentina, Elder Brogyay)  to get to the mission office. Then Elder Bradford, my temporary companion, and  I were asked  by the assistants  to help them drive the transfer van across the bridge and so that's what we did.  I always love driving over the Bay Bridge. but they are actually taking it down and selling the steel to china or something like that...and they are building a new bay bridge right next to it.  Upon returning  to Oakland, we picked up Elder Bradford's new companion, Elder Hill.  Then we rushed off to Oakland's Children's Hospital  to give a blessing to a nonmember and her baby with cancer.  This was such a great blessing!  The mom was really humble and was ready to accept everything we taught about the restoration.  It was a special spiritual experience that I will not forget.
Wednesday was a super long day.  It started out with a District Leader Council at 9am which means my studies were taken from this day.  Then I got transferred to another tripanionship with Elder Sturgell and Elder Sadler.  I spent the afternoon proselyting with them.  And then finally it was time to drop me off at the mission home so that I could pick up my new companion.  But before I did that I got to trade in our 2010 Toyota Corolla and got a 2013 Chevy Cruze !!!! I wish y'all could've seen the dance I did when Elder Bailey told me that we were getting a new car.  
 
So my my new companion is./..........(drum roll)..............Elder Watkins!!!!!!!!!! He is from Lehi, Utah and is learning Spanish.  He can't a great welcome to Oakland.  We were walking to an appiontment with a member and all of a sudden we hear "Bam,bam,bam,bam,bam,bam" and the member says "Wow, six of them".  Yo gotta understand that this point I just block gunshots.  Elder watkins says," what was that?" I smile and say "gunshots. :)"
 
I met latino muslims fro the first time on Saturday.  
 
The rest of the week was pretty calm but also a bit stressful since Elder Watkins can't speak Spanish.

Sincerely,
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment