Monday, January 21, 2013

Transfer 10 Week 2 January 21, 2013

To The Dear People Back Home Who Haven't Forgotten Me,
 
We received an amazing referral from the Visitor's Center Sisters, Hermana Garcia and Hermana Cooper (who is from Queen Creek!) this week.  We contacted them and they let us right into their home.  The mother is a n inactive member and her husband is super interested.  He came to church this weekend with his two little kids.  They have 6 months here in America, they are from Columbia.  Alberto, the father, has already accepted a baptismal date.  I'm so so so excited.  
 
This is the first time in my mission that I have better Spanish than my companion.  That is so weird.  Its a bit stressful, but my Spanish ha improved so much that I am quite confident in speaking skills now.  
 
Saturday I was on exchanges.  Elder Sadler was with me.  It was a pretty crazy day.  It started out with us playing basketball in the morning with the Tongan Elders.  Then we went by and talked to a handful pf people including this crazy guy who yelled at us for asking  us where he was from.  He continued to yell at us even after we got about 2 blocks down the street.  Then during language study we got invited to join the Tongan Elders for dinner with their members. They took us out to this really nice Mexican restaurant.  We got to do service with the assistants at Hermana Villanueva's house.  We did tons of yard work!!!!  Everyone was impressed with my pitchfork skills.  Then we rushed to a baptism at the ISC that we had invited to an investigator to and I think she really liked it but she still is unsure about baptism.
 
Well that sums up my week.  Take care!

Sincerely,
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment