Monday, August 12, 2013

Transfer 15 Week 2- August 12, 2013

Ireland: I
 went on exchanges with Elder O' Farrell. We salvaged a member dinner and lunch!  Then we were able to find a new investigator with a handful of potentials.   People seemed to be so impressed that someone from Ireland can speak spanish.
Cow Tongue:
I thought it was delicious.  The other elders not so much.
The Stones:
In spanish it is said "Los Piedra"  which is  the name of thefamily we are teaching.  They came to the ward picnic and loved it! their little girl went swimming!  Then we went to the VC and watched the Joseph Smith Movie at the Visitor's Center.  Last night we had a mini testimony meeting after church.  Another person who  lives in the house and who had never joined us before came in and sat down with us.  She had tons of questions.  She asked us why we were so calm and just over all peaceful.  My answer has been something I have reflected upon often in a very short amount of time.

"I guess the reason why we are so full of peace is because....that although we have tons of personal problems, here and back home, and plenty of worries, that is not the focus of our lives.  The things I think about most and worry about most are who i am going to teach, who i am going to find so that i can teach, how I'm gonna help these people come closer to Christ.  That is my life right now. "
Sincerely,
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment