Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013


So it seems like the Lord wanted me to be prepared to return to the desert. I'm in the hottest part of the mission. It gets well over a hundred out here. There aren’t to many mountains out here but there are tons of hills. and because it’s so hot the grass dries out and hence we have "golden hills." It’s a lot safer out here, I miss the ghetto but it’s nice to not here as many gunshots every night.

 I am now serving in a branch. We have lots of good work to do. There are tons of Latinos out here too, so I'm super excited about that! But we will have to strengthen the branch so that we can help them do their missionary work. The branch president has a cool President Monson tie.

 We had a baptism this weekend! I in reality didn’t do much, I was just here to witness the miracle! He is thirteen and is super awesome! He is from Costa Rica. He told our zone leader that he was born in San Jose, the zone leader thought he knew where that was until we told him it was the San Jose in Costa Rica, not California.

 My district has all sisters. I had the longest Sunday night of my mission last night. It had nothing to do with how late I went to be (although that didn't help).

 I'm super excited to be here, it’s gonna be fun!

 Sincerely, 

Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment