Monday, April 2, 2012

Transfer 2- Week 3--April 2, 2012

Two words. General Conference. What more can I say?
Truly we experienced a spiritual feast. Both from the speakers and the choirs (especially that MTC choir right?).
Every second of that conference was a learning experience!
As a missionary, Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk really stood out. He taught the Doctrine of Christ as taught by Jesus Christ himself in 3 Nephi 11. That is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. My purpose as a missionary as outlined by Preach My Gospel is "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through faith in the Atonement of Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." He described this as the "core" doctrine, but then he also described the uniqueness of The Church in having the true priesthood authority. It truly was music to a missionary's ears.
However I must say that President Monson in his talk Sunday morning was a bit distracting. He did he really have to use the word "swift", twice? Be honest, you thought of me when he said that, didn't you?
This week we are only able to find one new investigator. Nobody wants to listen to us! It is super frustrating having this great treasure, the greatest treasure even, and having people say "I'm not interested" "I'm catholic" "I'm busy at the moment." However we did set a baptismal date this week! He watched general conference this weekend and loved and even took notes!!!! He told us that he knows the Book of Mormon is true and that he knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. So excited for him!!!!!!
I know that God lives and that he knows me personally. Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God and you can know it too. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that this is the only true and living church of Jesus Christ.
With Love,
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment