Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Transfer 3 Week 3‏- April 10, 2012

          This transfer is already halfway over!!!!! That’s crazy! It feels like I was at the MTC celebrating Christmas just last week. There is no way yesterday was Easter!!!! A member gave us a chocolate bunny! But other than that we didn't get too much candy...

After teaching Michael the Law of Chastity (with his girlfriend present) we were excited to see him progress toward his baptism on the 28th of April. However, late Friday night we got a text telling us that he had to cancel the rest of our appointments for the week. Then yesterday we talked to his girlfriend at church and she told us that Michael's parents had threatened to kick him out if he got baptized. What a sad, sad, moment!

But then Elder Brogyay and I went out and had a great day of tracting. We set up 3 visits with potential investigators! But then they all fell through. But we continue to seek for people to teach.

We taught a couple of members this week with the hope of getting some referrals but we got nothing. So then we prayed to receive referrals from somewhere...anywhere! It got to Sunday and we had not yet received any referral. But then after church in coordination meeting we got a referral from a ward missionary. But then we went the rest of the day with little luck in our finding efforts. But then at 7pm, with 2 proselyting hours left we got a call from Lehi, Utah. A member told us about her inactive sister and nonmember husband who now lived in our area. As I realized that the Lord had answered our prayers the Spirit testified to me that God truly knows who I am, and where I am, and the things I stand in need of. I know that God listens to our prayers and that He truly will answer in His way and in His time.

What a great gift the Lord gave me on an Easter Evening.

Every soul asks, just as Job did, "If a man die, shall he live again?" As the tomb of the Lord was searched there came the angels with the message "He is not here, for He is Risen!" Jesus Christ overcame physical and spiritual death, the two great barriers that impede our return to God. Because Christ suffered pains that he described as "which suffering caused me, even God to tremble and to bleed at every pore" we will live again. But more importantly we can have Eternal life, which is the greatest of God's gift. I know my Redeemer lives and that He loves me. With God, all things are possible.

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment