Monday, April 30, 2012

Transfer 3 Week 6- April 30,2012


Saturday night was transfer calls!!!!!! President Wade (after of course receiving revelation from the Lord) has decided................(drum roll please)..............................................................................................................................That I will be staying in Half Moon Bay!!! No surprises there BUT! Elder Brogyay is being transferred to Oakland 6th B Ward on BIKE (He is in for a rude awakening). President Wade called me to train! (Scary I know) Because of this I do not know my new companion yet. Elder Brogyay leaves tomorrow morning. I will be put with another trainer-to-be (hopefully Elder Kwok, my travel companion) until Wednesday night when all the new missionaries come in and we have a meeting where President announces who will be who's companion. I am hoping for Elder Greenawalt, whom according to the Mission Publication is from Arizona!
Friday afternoon President Wade had a meeting for new trainers (Someone needs to explain to my mom what a trainer is....).
He taught us from Doctrine and Covenants 121:34-46. The thing that caught my attention most was when we read verse 39 where it says " it is the nature and disposition of almost all men...." and then President Wade looked each one of us in the eye and said "well guess what Elder Gonzalez you are almost all men" The admonishes of that revelation are directed at me. I wish not to talk about the negative attributes of verses 34-39 (although i suggest you look them up) but focus on how we make "the Holy Ghost your constant companion and thy scepter a scepter of righteousness, and thy dominion an everlasting dominion that shall flow unto thee without compulsory means." In verses 41 and 42 it tells us that we must persuasive, long-suffering, gentle, meek, kind, intelligent. In verse 43 we are instructed to reprove with sharpness when moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and afterwards showing forth an increase of love toward that same person. And in verse 45 we are promised that the doctrine of the priesthood shall distill upon us as the dews from heaven.
Yeah, I pretty much LOVE President Wade.
We invited both families we are teaching to be baptized. However they both said that "they don't feel ready." I know that as we teach them from the Book of Mormon and help them to see that it is an evidence of the restoration that they will truly be prepared to be baptized!!!!!!!
Anyways...i gotta go, it’s a busy P-day with transfers being tomorrow and all.
Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment