Monday, October 15, 2012

Transfer 7 Week 6 October 15, 2012

This must be my most boring transfer ever.  For the first time my district stayed exactly the same.  But it was fun getting to call other missionaries and let them know where they are going even though they didn't get anywhere. 

I know that if I am ever singing in a group and I am the best sounding one that as a whole we MUST sound terrible!  It is pretty much common knowledge in the spanish program that we latinos can't sing, but that knowledge does nothing to keep me from laughing in the middle of a hymn.

This week we are preparing for the baptism of Casandra.  However we found out that she has not asked her mom for permission.  We are talking to her mom tonight!

Saturday, some of the Spanish units (Richmond, San Leandro, Hayward, Concord, & Oakland) put on a celebration of El Dia De La Raza. I''m not too sure what it is all about but whatever its about, its an excuse to have a party.  There was a plethora of latino dance numbers and of course FOOD, and also there was a dance at the end of the night (but we didn't go to that).  There was tons of nonmembers to talk to and they all seemed to be having a great time.

Also this week I must of had my most awkward lesson ever.  We have been assigned by the Stake and Mission Presidents to teach an excommunicated member.  We also teach his family and from the teaching record we have seen that they have been taught for years and we also that the excommunicated member is an RM.  he offered  us tea and tried to get us to break a handful of rules, but all while acting that he didn't know it was against the rules.  The whole lesson just when we started to feel the spirit he would say something or do something to drive the spirit away.

This week as I studied my notes from conference, I learned that the words of Jacob in Jacob 4 are true.  He tells that if we receive revelation from the Lord  from the prophet that it will help us to be reconciled unto God thru Jesus Christ and His atonement.  I know that as we strive to more full strive to follow the counsel of the Lord that we will truly be reconciled unto God.


Well that is all for this week!

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment