Monday, October 29, 2012

Transfer 8 Week 2 October 29, 2012

Dear Everyone, 
We found Maria this week!  That probably doesn't mean a thing to you, BUT! She accepted a baptismal date, she came to church, and she insisted on going to another ward's baptism.  She absolutely loved it!!!  She has progressed so much in such little time.  She said she felt something special at the baptism and she wants to share it with her whole family.  A great ending to a great week!
And it turns out that ward having the baptism was Richmond First Ward

We taught a couple of evangelico's this week and they love the church's organization but don't seem to understand the Restoration means that Christ's living church is on the earth again.

We got asked to teach the YW, which was quite an interesting experience, and they also asked me to play the piano for them (which was not a good idea).

Isabel's mom got mad that we invited her to be baptized.

I'm getting excited for Halloween and cleaning our apartment. 

This week as I studied from the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel, it was pressed upon my mind the power of having a good scripture study.  You know how you get super excited for conference because you get to hear the prophets?  And then afterwards you feel like you learned so so so so so much?  We can have that every single day!  But we have to be prepared and humble.  If we come with a question and are willing to learn the Spirit will tell you what you need to know, today.  I love King Benjamin's words: " My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view." Teaching by the Spirit is as important as learning by the Spirit.

Sincerely,
 Elder Luis Gonzalez

P.S.  This is my last post script ever written as a teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment