Monday, November 5, 2012

Transfer 8 week3. November 5,2012

Dear Everyone!

What an amazing week! Our investigator, Maria, came to church this
week and she even took the day off of work because she wanted to come
to all the classes before our sacrament meeting. When we taught her
on Friday we were going to teach the law chastity but before we even
taught her she commented to us "I was thinking about my "husband" and
I and I feel like we need to get married, I"m tired of living this
way." Isn't that such an amazing miracle? She is a humble seeker of
truth and the Lord had prepared her to receive the message that Elder
Arauz and I had prayerfully selected. After teaching her the lesson
she set goals and made plans to get married as soon as possible. Then
the next day we taught her the Word of Wisdom and she said "NOTHING
will keep me from getting baptized on the 25th" she resolved to quit
coffee right there and told us that she had given her "husband" an
ultimatum. I don't feel as if I have done anything special in
teaching Maria, I don't feel like as if I have been a super great
teacher in our lessons, but I know that the Lord has truly prepared
her. I have learned that it doesn't matter how great I master the
skills in preach my gospel, or how well I memorize the thing that are
in there, and the list can go on with things you would expect a great
missionary to do. It doesn't matter what I do if I don't seek
revelation in this the Lord's work. I need to trust in the Lord and
do exactly as he tells me. That is the only way I will ever succeed
in bringing to pass the Lord's work.

The day after Halloween, we stopped by an investigator's home to
invite to the ward Halloween activity later that night. They invited
us for some tacos, and since it was our dinner hour we gladly
accepted. Elder Arauz mentioned that it was my birthday so then the
mom and her little daughter Vanessa, brought out a cupcake and put a
candle on it and said "Feliz cumpleanos hermano!"

On Saturday I went on exchanges with Elder Sturgell into his area
so.........I got to be on bike!!!! We almost had to bike up temple
hill which probably would have killed me but a member was able to help
us out.

Yesterday there was a baby blessing in the Tongan ward, so naturally
that means that they have to have a full out feast. There was about
30 tables set up n the cultural hall each one with its own roasted
pig. I could not believe how much food there was. I was positive
they were celebrating something super uber important I was in absolute
disbelief when I was told that it was just a baby blessing.

I have a new found appreciation for all the cleaning my mom did after
this halloween's deep cleaning. I was so so so so so tired! And
Elder Arauz was amazed by all the costumes.

"And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come
to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his
goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of
your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls,
even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in
remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his
goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and
humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name
of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which
is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel." Mosiah 4:11

This scripture really stood out to me this week as I realized my own
nothingness and how much I truly rely on the Lord.

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

P.S. We had to go to Wal-greens on Halloween to get some things for
our Halloween cleaning. And can you guess who someone decided to
dress up as???? Yup you guessed it, Taylor Swift. It strengthened my
testimony that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment