Monday, November 26, 2012

Transfer 8 Week 6 November 26, 2012


Dear Everyone who still bothers to read these,

Well we got transfer calls.....And well my second transfer call as a
District leader was just as boring as my first one...my whole district
is staying here in Oakland. But from the sounds of it, next transfer
is going to be when we get a huge burst of missionaries.

This week I went on exchanges and had an amazing experience. As I
looked for all the positive things Elder Bradford, I saw him more as
our Savior does and was able to appreciate more fully the members of
my district do.

Thanksgiving was AMAZING! I was fed 5 times!!!!!
In the morning we got to help decorate the Visitor's Center for
Christmas! With all due humility I must say that the Visitor's Center
looks legit! Elder and Sister Weise made us breakfast while we
decorated and we were able to take a break and eat (alot). Then we
went and offered service to a family in the ward, los Calderon, and
then we ate!!!! Then we went to the Bishop's home along with the
other 6 missionaries in the ward and ate TONS. By about 6:30 we were
FULL beyond imagine. By we trudged on to our 7:00 appointment with
Los Preciado and ate once agian. Then at 8:30 we headed to our last
appiontment. Luckily it was just a soup that helped us easily finish
the night. But either way, Elder Arauz and I felt HORRIBLE, he puked
out the window as we drove home.

So now Thanksgiving is over, and the super good news is.....People
will stop thinking I'm crazy because I am listening to Christmas music
and have a nativity scene set up in my apartment. I am so excited to
be in Oakland for Christmas!!!! The temple lights are amazing.

"And the priests were not to depend upon the people for their support;
but for their labor they were to receive the grace of God, that they
might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that they
might teach with power and authority from God." Mosiah 18:26
How blessed are we to be in a church that teaches us to receive the
grace of God on our own. We come to have a personal relationship with
God as we pray to Him and read of Him and strive to follow Him.
Having our own personal experiences with God costs much labor but we
come to know God on a great personal level.

Happy Holidays to all!

Sincerely,

Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment