Monday, October 1, 2012

Transfer 7 week 4 October 1, 2012

·        Time goes by too fast as a missionary.  When I think of the things I was doing last October, it seems like a totally different life.  I have gotten to the point where I can't remember what it is like to not be a missionary.  

The Oakland Stake President has come up with idea called "The Oakland 6th 'No Time For Tracting' Initiative." Basically he feels that because of the Latino culture most of the less active members will open to have the missionaries teach them the basic missionary lessons.  And because of the high number of part member families, he feels that this will help us obtain tons of people to teach and that we will not have to tract.  So instead of tracting we will be searching out these less actives.  To kick off the initiative Elder Packer, the Area Seventy, came to a combined Priesthood/Relief Society Meeting yesterday to get the members excited about the initiative.  And also there will be two sets of Sister Missionaries working part time to help in the effort.  And because I a the District Leader, President Meredith has asked that I coordinate all the these efforts with the all the missionaries and the ward.  He told me "Elder, its a good thing you like to work hard!" I think that's his way of telling me that I could do it.

I love walking the streets of Oakland. so many Latinos, so many crazy people, so may things to laugh at.

I love being in the service of my God and my fellowman.  So many tiny miracles happen.  My capacity to love has increased.  My ability to receive guidance from the Almighty has increased.  I know that as you lose yourself in the service of your God that you too will receive miracles.

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment