Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Transfer 7 Week 3, September 25, 2012

Yesterday there was a power outage on Temple Hill (it was planned) so we had no way of doing email yesterday.

I went on exchanges with Elder Sadler on Thursday.  I was super excited because I got to make a return to the BICYCLE!!!!!!  I remembered how I had been able to not gain weight when I was in Richmond. It turned out to be a great day.   When one isn't trapped in a car all day its amazing how many people there are to talk to.  We talked to a guy that told us that the Mormons in Utah "spank your britches" when you break the law.  Never a dull day in  the Spanish program!

We received a referral from the Visitor's Center to visit a less active member.  She moved to Oakland and hasn't found a way to get to church.  We were able to teach her and her granddaughter, who is 9.  We had an awesome lesson yesterday and invited the granddaughter to be baptized, to which she gladly said yes!  It made up for the fact that another one of our investigators this week was not allowed to be baptized because his father would not let him.  However his dad did give us permission to keep teaching his son.

Last week was President Lauti's funeral.  He was a former Stake President and a very well known member in the Oakland area.  They had the service at the Inter Stake Center (ISC, right next to the temple).  We had to go up at that time to drop off  a missionary because he had to go to a training.  We got caught in traffic as everyone was leaving the ISC. As we were just sitting there somebody said "Sister Wade!"  We all looked to where he pointed and saw that it was indeed Sister Wade.  I swiftly rolled down the window and called for her, but unfortunately she didn't hear me.  But just when we were about to sadly drive on, we look to our right and see President Wade!  I rolled down the window and he excitedly ran over and talked to us and shook our hands.  He was so happy!  he looked like a kid on playground.  President Lauti served as one of his counselor's so he had gotten permission to come to the funeral.  It was really great to them!

Tomorrow I will be doing a baptismal interview!!!! My first one!  I'm a little nervous but so excited!

Hope all is well!

Sincerely,

Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment