Monday, September 17, 2012

Transfer 7 Week 2 September 17, 2012

Dear Everyone!

Life is amazing!  Elder Arauz asked me this morning if I was happy. And I responded with a thoughtful "yes" to which he responded "why?" And I said "Why not?"
There is nothing greater than proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ everyday.

As I have reflected how different my life is then just a year ago, I realized that I am "living after the manner of happiness."  Yesterday we taught a family (I love teaching families fyi) and as we showed them a picture of the temple they shared with us that they go there often to just feel the peace that  is there.  As we testified that the restored gospel is true and that the temple is what makes families forever she shared with us how her baby had been born dead due to medical negligence and how much pain that caused her.  I saw in her eyes hope that she can be reunited with her family.  There was nothing particularly "amazing' about that lesson, but I walked out of that home knowing that I had fulfilled my purpose.  I might've not said too much, I might've not even done my best teaching, but the Spirit made up for my mistakes, the Spirit helped this family come unto Christ. 

The Lord has called me to serve Him so that He may have success.  I cannot have success in of myself but thru the Lord, the Lord and I can do miracles.  Christ taught to the Nephites that their works of righteousness would be accomplished thru HIM.  I know such is the truth. There is no other way! Well that is all from the center stake of Zion for this week.

Hasta Luego!
 Sincerely,
 Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment