Monday, September 10, 2012

Transfer 7 Week 1, September 10, 2012

I have learned why this stake is often referred to as the Center Stake of Zion!  Oh how I have missed my Latinos! Oakland is such a crazy place, especially the driving.  My favorite thing about serving here is that i am able to see the temple from just about anywhere in our area.

This week has been mostly trying to get to know the members and our investigators.   But after a week of getting accustomed to everything, we are ready to get down to work and find people to teach!

The weather here is still pretty amazing!  Much hotter than Half Moon Bay but way cooler than Queen Creek!  It is quite nice to  have to wear a jacket all the time.

My area includes the infamous International Street.  There is tons of latinos to talk to there but there is also lots of "other " people there too.  Most of them want nothing to do with  the Gospel.

We had stake Conference yesterday and this stake is amazing!  There are chinese, fijian, spanish, and whole bunch of others too. The Tongans have their own STAKE!

We tried to contact a referal the other day but the street was blocked off by the police.  We later heard that someone had died on the street.  That didn't bother so much, what bothered me is that when they told they told me as if it is just something that happens all the time.

Nevertheless, I LOVE it here!!!! Nowhere else I would rather be!

Many great stories to come,

Sincerely,
Elder Luis Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment