Monday, February 4, 2013

Transfer 10 Week 4 February 4, 2013

Dear Persons that keeping reading my emails to see if I have survived another week in the ghettos of Oakland,

I have in fact survived another week in Oakland , and survived it pretty well.  We found two families this week!  We went to an appointment we had set for 8 pm last Monday. She wasn't there but her sister was and she let us right in and we were able to teach her and her family.  The other family was a referral from the Visitor's Center.  It was a Guatemalan family that speaks more mam than Spanish   Their Spanish really isn't all that great, we have to explain things to them a couple of times before they get what we are saying and then I have to understand all their incorrectly conjugated Spanish   This week we will be inviting them to be baptized.  Elder Watkins and I are hoping for a miracle with these families.

We are continuing to work with Alberto!  He is excited for his baptismal date of February 17!  Yesterday we had a lesson with at the Visitor's Center to teach him about President Thomas S. Monson and the Book of Mormon.  The Spirit was really strong as he gave us his testimony of the Book of Mormon and also of the church.  I am so grateful that the Lord allows me to be His servant to share His gospel to His children.  There is nothing that compares to being on the Lord's errand.  Hearing somebody thank me for bringing them the gospel is so so so so much greater than anything else I have ever received.  There is NOTHING I could be doing right now that is more worthwhile than preaching the gospel to the people of Oakland and inviting them to come unto Christ.

Yesterday we had a regional stake conference that was broadcast form Salt Lake to North California.  Elder Perry was the presiding officer. And he talked about.....MISSIONARY WORK!
I determined to ALWAYS be a missionary.  This Gospel is to great to not proclaim everyday for the rest of my life.

Sincerely,

Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment