Monday, February 18, 2013

Transfer 10 Week 6 February 18, 2013

Dear Queen Creekites,
Alberto was baptized yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Except there was a slight malfunction with the baptismal font and it wouldn't fill all the way.  So it took me three tries to finally baptize him (he is taller than me).
And afterwards the ward prepared a dinner and celebrated with him to welcome him to the ward.  i keep telling Elder Watkins that this baptism just seems to easy.  The whole day I was stressing out, trying to figure what I had forgotten, but it all went well.
 
I went on exchanges with Elder Hill this week (He's from Utah) and he did the baptismal interview for Alberto during the exchange.  While he did the interview I stood outside the door (so I could "stay" with my companion).  I had many a people come up to me and ask me where my companion was including a handful of the VC sisters who thought I was being disobedient.
 
On Saturday we were able to set baptismal dates with his children. So exciting!!!!
 
Saturday night we received transfer calls.  And I  will be..............................(drum roll)................................................................ staying in Oakland!!!!!!!! BUT!!!! I have a slightly new area.  The Oakland 6th areas use to be:
Oakland 6th A, B, C, & D. A was the zone leaders, B was Elder Sturgell and Sadler, C was the assistants, and was my companion and me.  The new areas are Oakland North, Central, and South.  The big news is that Sisters are returning to Oakland!!!!  Well its not really Oakland, they cover Berkeley and some of the really rich parts of Oakland, like Piedmont.  The sisters will be Oakland North, the zone leaders will be in Oakland Central and we will get Oakland South.  Our area grew.  It use to be from High St(the equivalent of 44th Ave) all the way to 73rd Ave, but we consumed the Assistants area and now cover Fruitvale (the equivalent of 32nd Ave) all the way to 73rd Ave.  We inherited a Latino landmine!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Sincerely,
 
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment