Monday, February 25, 2013

Transfer 11 week 1 February 25, 2013

Dear  Readers of The Blessing that is The California Oakland/San Francisco Mission,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new area!!!!! So many Latinos!!!!  Not that my old area didn't have tons of latinos cuz it did but this new area is jam packed with them and also so many of the active members live in our area.  I just so excited to be here!!!
 
So we were out and about talking to people and we talked to this guy named Carlos who invited us to come back and watch a video with him.  So the next day we came back but he was on his way out but he did take 15 minutes out of his day to try to Bible Bash with us.  I say try because I whenever he tried to say one of the doctrines we taught was incorrect I just bore testimony that it wasn't.  Poor Elder Watkins just stood trying to figure what was being said as he  swiftly flipped through his spanish bible that he barely understands.
 
This past week my district leader responsibilities have been a bit different this week.  Talking to Hermana Thalman (from Arizona!) and Hermana Peña is quite different then talking to Elder Sturgell and Sadler.  Oh how I miss my beloved Bike Elders, oh but how I love all the extra time we save not having to pick them up and drop them off.
 
The highlight of our week was of course seeing Alberto confirmed!!!! The kids are continuing to prepare for their baptism. And in the mean time we are on the search for more solid investigators.  
 
Well thats allI got to say form the ghetto of Oakland this week!
 
Godspeed!
 
Élder Luis González

No comments:

Post a Comment